+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoping BBB Method can help!

Unhappy Hoping BBB Method can help!

We have a 36 foot above ground pool, 27,000 gal. We have an eco Kleer waterway pump and sand filter. I’ve noticed a lot of people have success clearing their pools with the BBB Method, so I’m wanting to give it a try but have no idea where to start. I ordered the Taylor water testing kit and these are my results: free chlorine 0.6 ppm, combined chlorine 0.6 ppm, our pH is 7.0 (it took 3 drops to get it to 7.4???), alkalinity is 90 ppm, calcium carbonate is 100 ppm and cyanuric acid was -30. I’m not sure which one these numbers does what. I honestly normally go to the pool store, but I spent $100-150 a week there last year and our pool never looked clear.

Our pool today is extremely cloudy, we can only see about two feet from the surface. We have cleaned out all the leaves and such. To be honest, I don’t know if it was even closed properly last year.

Thanks for all of your help!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Hoping BBB Method can help!

[ Upgraded membership; moved thread to pool equipment section => you may need to log in and log out to gain access! ]

Your numbers aren't bad, and though your chlorine should be a lot higher, I'm not sure that's the problem. (BTW, 1 gallon of 8% bleach will raise your chlorine about 3 ppm.)

If I had to guess, I'd guess that you (a) may have started up a mess, and (b) have a low end sand filter that's too small for your pool, coupled with a pump that's too large. That is a very, very common problem with AG pools. The most practical way to check this is using the DE Test: http://pool9.net/de-test/

+ Reply to Thread