+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building an above ground pool deck questions

Default Building an above ground pool deck questions

I am building a deck 16' wide and 3/4 around the pool. I need some help solving a couple of problems.

Since there will be angles how do I support the angle where 2 outer rim joists meet? Do I just nail the 2 joists to the 4x4 posts and then box in the post since the 2 joists would not fit flush against the side of the post?

I want the decking to fit flush around the edge of the pool. How do I achieve a clean look around the pool post caps? Remove the caps fit the decking and then some how cut the cap and reattach? I have seen where a jig saw was used but it didn't look clean.

How far apart should I place the 4x4 posts?

Have any pictures showing this stuff is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Wade

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Building an above ground pool deck questions

Hi, I’m Ben aka the PoolDoc. I’ve upgraded your membership to *General*.

You’ve asked a question which probably won’t be answered well here, because
    • It’s a LOCAL question, which are rarely answered well on ANY form, OR
    • It’s a construction or equipment question, which have never been our ‘thing’.
    • I’ve been away for several years, and traffic here is down.
    Here are my recommendations:
    • Use the search function (pool9.net/search) to see if there IS a useful answer here, or on PoolSolutions.
    • Register at TroubleFreePools.com and ask there. They are much larger than the PoolForum, and have many hobbyist users. Just be careful -- there are some really enthusiastic posters that actually give answers that are quite poor.
    • If it’s a more general deck or construction question, there are other homeowner sites which may have useful responses to construction questions that are not specifically pool questions.

But . . . once you get your pool running, I would suggest you come back and check out the chemistry guidelines here, which I’m updating. I’m pretty sure they will save you time, trouble, and money, compared to what you find elsewhere.

Good luck!

Ben Powell aka PoolDoc

Default Re: Building an above ground pool deck questions

One of my issues with my deck wrapping around most of my oval AGP is putting on the.pool cover. The deck is so close i have to crawl underneath in the dirt to attach the cover.

It gets old. I'd make sure its easy to put the cover on and off while your planning it all out

+ Reply to Thread