We just started doing the Bucket Chlorine Demand test and are at the point where we're waiting now for the first four -twenty four hours to check with the DPD? wel it's the non OTO test kit for FC and CC to sse where we're at. My major question is finding out at end of all this how much Chlorine we're going to need to add to our pool. How are we going to figure that out? Going back to the pool store just isn't in the cards for us. It's just too long of a drive to have to keep doing this. We have plenty of 1 lb bags of Cal-Hypo shock 65% avail Chlorine shock or we can order from Amazon and have delivered quickly or any pool supply any of the other kinds of shock as well. At this point it took 2teaspoons to get it over 5ppm on the OTO check. I suppose the real test is getting the FC to stay above 10 ppm for 24 hrs and the FC to be higher than the CC. I'm trying to figure out how to get my pool info entered so I don't have to keep putting it in every time but each time I even tap on something it says I'm not allowed there. Seems I can't do anything on this website except leave a new message each time. I can't read any, nothing today. Not sure why.
In any case the pool is still nice and clear surprisingly. There's no FC, TC, CC. PH-7.2 we did do what was necessary for Demand test to get it to 7.5 or above as required. ALK 120 Next two by pool store though I'm waiting for a new kit to check levels myself. CH-280 CYA- 40 No algae At least 3/4 of water has been replaced this year.

Pool inground 16X34 gunite/concrete approx 25 yrs old. Hayward Microclear DE 6000 filter w/1 HP 240V motor. Booster motor for sidewall Polaris 360 cleaner. 2skimmers and main drain draw for filtering pressure at 10-12. New grids this spring, all cleaning stuff bypassed filter went out as waste. Pool covered w a solar blanket water temp now around 88. Kept warm all summer or I can't use or my back spasms. I know this causes more Chlorine usage but that's ok, but to not be able to get any reading at all is crazy. Just want to figure out formula at end of test for using shock. Thanks