Closed Thread

Thread: Can't get the site up at home

Default Can't get the site up at home

I can see the site at work but I can't get it to come up at home. I am using XP pro and IE at both places.

What do I need to do to get the site to display at home?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

It it was yesterday after 6pm EDT, the server itself was down -- more info in the announcements section.

If that's not the problem, go to http://www.ipchicken.com/, and find out what the ip address YOU are using is, and paste the entire (Control-V will paste) info message about your connection into your reply.

Here's what it should look like:
    Name Address: c-68-60-26-102.hsd1.tn.comcast.net
    Remote Port: 1450
    Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915

Ben

Ben

I still can't log on at home, This is what IP Chicken gave me.
    Thank you for you time.

Name Address: c-69-251-87-201.hsd1.md.comcast.net
    Remote Port: 20540
    Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) 69.251.87.201

I have to think it is something with my settings. I am messing with my firewall settings, and my McAfee stuff but I can't get the site to come up at home yet.

Any ideas?

FWIW, dnsstuff.com has a "Spam blocked list" checker. Punch in an IP and it will check Spam block lists to see if that IP is blocked. Pretty useful if this happens again.

Yes, his IP showed up in 3 different lists. I didnt post because I thought it odd a "generic" Comcast IP showing up, but apparently it was telling the truth!

-Chris

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Unhappy Whoa -- I found it, and it's not good!

Actually, it's worse that that.

I found the original notes that let to the block . . . and it wasn't an accident.

His computer (or at least one that was using that IP about 6 months ago) was being used to attack my server.

Now, that doesn't prove that he was doing it; the DHCP lease could have changed in that time period.

And even if it was his computer, it's more than possible that it was 'owned' and being used by someone else to run the attack.

But . . . the block stays.

Sorry, Sonofabeach, collateral or not, direct hackers and their near neighbors get firewalled for a long time. I'm closing the thread, and deleting some of the posts that are off-topic (including mine!)

Ben
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 04-13-2006 at 01:27 PM.

Ben,

Can you delete the thread with my IP address. The one dated 04/05/06.

I did not hack your server or let anyone else use my computer that I know of.

My IP address does change everytime I unplug my modem.

Anyway, I don't like it, but I do understand

This is a great site.

Stan

Closed Thread