+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pentair Intellichlor IC20, Green cell light is flashing

Default Pentair Intellichlor IC20, Green cell light is flashing

The green cell light is flashing and the pool has no chlorine. I checked chemistry and everything seems to be in line, except the chlorine and stabilizer. pH 7.4, TA 110, and salt 3000. I added some stabilizer and bleach to shock. I also added a little salt to bring it closer to 3600, which is recommended by Pentair. I then cleaned the cell with Muratic acid, but it didn't seem to change anything. This swcg allows you to check for life left in the cell, which shows 40% left. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
    11,700 gallon Leisure Elegance 27 fiberglass pool, Pentair Intelliflo pump, IntelliChlor IC20 ECG, UltraTemp heat pump, IntelliBrite 5g LED light, EasyTouch 4, DeckJet II, Automatic Pool Covers AutoGuard Top Track

Default Re: Pentair Intellichlor IC20, Green cell light is flashing

I'm not an owner nor especially knowledgeable about Intellichlor so I can't help you with the technical aspects of that SWCG. I'm wondering about two pieces of information that I notice are missing from your post:

What is the recommended stabilizer level for Intellichlor?

What level of CYA did you measure in your pool before adding stabilizer [and how many ppm CYA was indicated when you tested a day or so after adding stabilizer]?

When shocking, I typically leave the stabilizer a bit low (20-50) so I don't have to add as much chlorine and turn off the SWG to make the testing process easier. This way I don't have to guess whether the FC was elevated by the SWG working. Absolutely necessary when performing an overnight loss test.

After shocking, I increase CYA back to the recommended level and turn on my SWG for normal operation.

I hope that helps in some way.
    16'x29' free-form 14K gal IG gunite pool; SWCG & sodium hypochlorite 8.25%; Hayward SwimClear C4025 cartridge filter; Hayward SP3202VSP TriStar Variable Speed Pool Pump; custom test kit based on Taylor K-2006C; city; PF:8.6

+ Reply to Thread