+ Reply to Thread

Thread: repipe?

Default repipe?

hello,
    I noticed I had some leaks at the front of the pvc piece going into the basket and the line going to the filter. This was causing air to show up in the basket. Is there a way to seal the leak at the fitting where it screws into the pump basket? I really don't want to cut apart and redo the whole thing and replace the valve because of the way its all glued together. thanks for any advice. Randy

p.s.
    how would I attach a picture in here so people could see it?

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Re: repipe?

I am not sure how to attach a picture. You might need to use photobucket or something like that, maybe someone else will come along.

So, without a picture, here are some of my thoughts.

If the fitting that is leaking is glued, then the best fix is to cut apart and redo. If that is what you end up doing, make sure your new glued unions are done right so you don't have another leak. Use primer and glue and BOTH surfaces.

If the fitting is threaded, thread sealant and/or tape work well. I have been using both lately for some fussy irrigation valves and is works well. Sealant on male and female threads, tape male threads, seems to fix leaks that one or the other alone did not.

+ Reply to Thread