+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4 Little Tricks I've Learned

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: 4 Little Tricks I've Learned

For IG pools and AGs with decks, there's a pet ramp that lets them walk in and out of the pool. If you have an AG like DS does, I wouldn't do it--how do you get her out if she gets in trouble and panics?
    Carl

Great looking site and family, ds. Looks like a perfect place to relax floating on a floatable, drinking a drinkable, on a hot afternoon (with the kids inside glued to the tv!). We've got a little one also who takes great 'passed out' pics.

The only comment I have on your tips is to be aware that when you point your outlet jet toward your skimmer (to keep the floaties away), you're pointing clean water directly back into the filtering system.

C.

(Whose pool is at his vacation house and who misses it very much)

Thanks folks. Hey, I never thought about the jets going right back into the skimmer. That's something to think about. Straight up in the air does a pretty good job too though.

As far as the dog in the pool goes, I just do it manually. Wifey gets her up as far as she can from outside the pool then I take her from inside and put her in the water. On rare occasions I've just tossed her right over into the pool. She never gets the chance to panic because we just let her make it to the side and take her out. Believe it or not though, she loves the water so much that recently she's been able to climb to the last rung (that's two whole steps that she covers). We like to act like we don't see her because she's more apt to hop down if we give her attention. She hasn't made that final step onto the platform yet but I don't think it'll be that long before she does. A dog climbing a ladder is a site to see.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

DS:

I just dragged my wife (aka "The Saint") over to see your pics. Not only is the dog a cutie, but it was "What a beautiful family!" followed by a chuckle at your little guy sound asleep. Is there ANYTHING more beautiful than a sleeping child? Our guys are wonderful but we wish they'd sleep more!
    Carl

Thanks Carl. I'm glad you two enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD
    DS:

Is there ANYTHING more beautiful than a sleeping child?

Nothing beats it. Wait'll you guys see THIS one:http://d1rtysouth.com/Jacobi_Jordan/100_0183.JPG

Wink Re: 4 Little Tricks I've Learned

DS
    OH MY GOSH! I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!! I have seven kids and I know that picture well. Hands above the covers please !
    Oh man, That pic is going to keep me laughing all day.

Cute family DS.

~hoffmans

Thanks Hoffman. I had to grab the camera for that one.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread