+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: opening my green pool...UGH

Default Re: opening my green pool...UGH

Do you use skimmer socks? They will help catch a lot of the pollen, (and other crud), before it reaches the filter.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

I stopped using the water/acid mix to clean my cell. I feel it deteriorates them faster. I just use a wood paint stir stick to work between the plates and knock off the build up.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I stopped using the water/acid mix to clean my cell. I feel it deteriorates them faster. I just use a wood paint stir stick to work between the plates and knock off the build up.
    That is my understanding as well. The owners manual for my SWCG says to use wood to remove scale unless it's real bad.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Wow...that's good to know. I haven't cleaned mine yet so I will try that when it needs it. The water is beautiful and clean...only took 5 days. Now I am dealing with the filter...fiberglass sand. I think we will have to replace it...a small amount of water is seeping through the fiberglass...always something.
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

Hey, 5! How's the pool doing?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

The pool looks GREAT thanks to all of the good tips on cleaning it up. I was shocked at how quickly it changed to beautiful blue with balance of water and bleach...one week. I think when I started it up and the pressure was out of wack it caused the filter to leak the water. I know this will be the last season before we need to replace that. It isn't leaking now, but I have been running it on low. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it will make it through the season.

Thanks again for all of the help!!!
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

+ Reply to Thread