+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pop up replacement: QucikClean#3(and tool) source?

Default Pop up replacement: QucikClean#3(and tool) source?

Helping a friend fix a few things with their Shasta pool(phoenix), several of the pop ups are broken and we have been told they are QuickClean #3 .
    They have two slots.
    Where do you suggest we can find the best price on these(or comparable/compatible, if there is options).
    Also, it seems there is a tool to remove these, but all i can find locally is $24 dollars, it appears i could manufacturer on from PVC, does anyone have any tricks otherwise?

Default Re: Pop up replacement: QucikClean#3(and tool) source?

Good luck! I don't see many cheaper options out there for your buddy. I would personally bite the bullet on the correct removal tool. $24 bucks seems like it carries the assurance of the right tool for the job rather than spending money on a "maybe". My 2 cents.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

"White goods" can be tough to shop for, because looking online doesn't always tell you what you need to know, like sizing, compatibility, etc. I usually go to my local pool supply store and buy from them when it comes to smaller parts, it supports them and I get what I need, usually. I even get my Taylor kit reagents from them, I could get them somewhere online much cheaper but I choose to support my local supplier.

When it comes to tools, the right tool for the job is a must. Without the right tool, you will usually screw the job up, break something you didn't want to break, and have to get the tool anyway. I have been trying to convince my wife of this concept for years!

Yes i generally agree, i am in fact going to go through a local who has the poup units for 59, which is just a few bucks more than the best price i can find online.
    I just wanted to see if there was great place to buy that i may have missed !

+ Reply to Thread