+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pentair check valve/divertor

Default Pentair check valve/divertor

Does anyone have a suggestion for a temporary solution to stop a damaged check valve/ divertor from leaking? Lost about a foot of water last night checking damaged part (Pentair part # 263042z). Replacement coming from Amazon tomorrow.
    Flap on part was covered in what looked like deteriorating white rubber. Same thing happened a year ago and I'm told this part should last longer. Thanks.
    NJ Pool: In Ground, 40,000 Gal vinyl liner, chlorinated using BBB, Gas Heated, DE Grid filtration.
    FL Pool: 10K gal gunite, chlorinated with 3'' pucks, cartridge filter, spill over spa

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Re: Pentair check valve/divertor

Sorry no one got to you. Did you get your part? Did you figure out how to stop the check valve?

I got the replacement part from amazon with expedited shipping and everything is fine again. I could not figure out a temporary fix to prevent the water from draining so had to continually re-fill to prevent the pump from sucking air. I have an infinity edge with auto refill but if the pool gets too low overnight the basin drains faster than the auto fill can replenish. Might purchase a spare valve in a few years to keep on hand, I'd estimate life expectency to be less than 10 years so I have some time to think about it.
    NJ Pool: In Ground, 40,000 Gal vinyl liner, chlorinated using BBB, Gas Heated, DE Grid filtration.
    FL Pool: 10K gal gunite, chlorinated with 3'' pucks, cartridge filter, spill over spa

It's ok to turn your pump off for a couple days if you need too.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

+ Reply to Thread