Well the wonderful warm winter we have had has caused me to start having an algae bloom. I never checked the chemical levels over the winter as i usually have no issues till spring time. Im not sure how to handle it as all my pumps and lines are winterized still. I did put a small pump in and put a lot of 73% shock dissolved in a bucket to try to clean it up but it seemed to only clean around the pump. I dont feel much will help unless i remove the mesh safety cover and scrub it while i shock it. I usually dont open till maybe middle of may.
Wondering if maybe a healthy dose of algaecide may help slow it down or minimize it. I was also thinking of getting a solid tarp and putting it over the safety cover to help block sunlight and maybe slow algae growth down till i open.
suggestions welcomed. Its early to remove the cover for good as its still cold here in the nights and no way near swim weather yet. I doubt it will be below freezing much anymore here but its still possible so i am hesitant to open the pool filter and lines up till maybe mid to late march.
I want to try to slow down or take care of this algae now as i know it will worsen as the weather does warm and the water temp climbs.