Closed Thread

Thread: Pebbletec vs. Pebblesheen vs. Diamond Brite

Default Pebbletec vs. Pebblesheen vs. Diamond Brite

We are looking to put a new pool in, I was just wondering everyone's thoughts between going with Pebbletech, Pebblesheen, and Diamondbrite. I had a contrac tor pushing Diamondbrite, the only negative I heard is for some dark colors you can get uneven color if they do not acid wash it properly?

Also is it worth it to go up in price for Pebblesheen?

How rough does Pebbletec get?

We are still waiting on our new pool to have the PebbleTec finish installed, but I did a lot of research on finishes first and went by homes with PebbleTec and PebbleSheen installed and I called the PebbleTEc applicator companies in the state. (When we signed a contract PebbleSheen was on sale for same price as PebbleTec)

We went with Pebbletec (Caribbean Blue) for a couple reason. First it looks much better from a distance. The PebbleSheen looked more like a standard finish from a distance. Nothing wrong with a standrad finish, but why pay so much more. Also, when talking with pool owners, I asked about the roughness of PebbleTec on your feet, sitting in steps, etc and no one complained. Everyone loved it.

As far as PebbleSheen, when I asked the applicator companies, most said that PebbleSheen was created for people who had heard that PebbleTec was to rough and they wanted a second product line to help capture those sales. Not saying it's true, but that's what some said.

Try and go by homes where PeebleTec /Sheen has been installed. Your builder might have referrals or look at PebbleTec's web site for Applicator Firms in your location and call for referals.

Hope this helps.

Hey there...
    We chose pebbletec (Tahoe Blue) Yes, it is a little rough on the feet after being i the pool all day, but nothing even compares to the look. It actually changes during the day. I couldn't be happier!

Last edited by PoolDoc; 02-02-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: fix pics

MaryLee is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst MaryLee 0

Wow

Gorgeous pool and landscaping!!

Thank you....
    Very happy with the pool and the build experience for the most part

captainx is offline ** No working email address ** captainx 0

JLove -

Wow - very nice! If I may ask, what kind of tile did you use around the waterline? And what kind of rock is that to the right of the slide around by the umbrella?

We wanted to use some cultured stone around the pool but Owens Corning told us it couldn't be used by the pool.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Default Re: Pebbletec vs. Pebblesheen vs. Diamond Brite

Hey there...
    I live in Santa Clarita, Ca. and all the stone is Bouquet Stone which is mined locally (but used all over) I liked it much better than the Arizona flag and loks beautiful when stacked. As to waterline tile, I chose not to use any. The Pebbble Tec meets with the stone. I didn't want to break up the look of the Bouquet or the rocks from the spa. BUT.... where I live the water is very, very hard and I get calcium build ups and some discoloration at the water line. Nothing too too bad, and I'm probably going to have it professionally cleaned soon. If I did it over, I might have went with a slate type tile which I originally looked at

JLove

Who did you use for your pool, I live in Ventura County and am looking for a pool builder. Going with the pebble tec meeting the stone, do you think you have more calcium build up compared with going with tile or slate? Pool looks great.

I used California Pools, and was very, very happy. Great bunch of people, fair price, quality work, and quick turnaround even though we had some weather issues. The day after the dig, it rained for almost a week straight, and the pool was close to half full from rain.... oh well. As far as the calcium deposits, there may be a bit more, but I'm sure the cleaning would be much easier with tile/slate. I have a pretty high waterline to try and help, but still get some build up, but really liked the look of no tile. Give CP a call and speak to their designer Steve Sowers, like I said a really great bunch of people. I called quite a few builders and was most comfortable with them. It's a BIG purchase, and you want to be completely comfortable with the choice you make in builders. Plus they had one of the only long term structural warranties. Good Luck, and let me know if I can help!!!
    Last edited by JLove; 04-17-2006 at 11:17 AM.

Good to know on California Pools, I currently have a quote from one of their Ventura Country offices, they are still in the running. I am leaning more towards a pool company called AllState in Ventura County, a bit better price, and have not heard any negatives as I have with the Ventura County California Pools Franchise location.

Closed Thread