+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is my Dolphin Stupid?

Default Is my Dolphin Stupid?

As I posted in another thread, I just got a Dolphin Dynamic yesterday and it seems to clean really well. Today it had been running for about an hour and I noticed from the house that it was in the same area of the pool. I went outside and saw it going across the width of the pool. It would go out about 9 feet from the wall and then reverse and come back to the wall. When it touched the wall it was not climbing, it would stop for a second and then go out on the same path it came for about 9 feet. It kept repeating this. After about six reps of this I reached in and moved it about 30 degrees, but it straightened out and continued to do this. I then turned the power off, and after a little while turned it back on and now it is working fine - covering lots of area and climbing walls. Any clue why it got stupid for a while?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Is my Dolphin Stupid?

You can always call the service dept at Smartpool.com and they can explain it. I can't but I THINK it has something to do with how the sensors are working internally. Clearly you re-initialized it by powering down.
    Carl

Default Re: Is my Dolphin Stupid?

from my short experience I suspect it has a timer in it that detects when it is going vertically. After you put in the pool dimensions ( the idiots that make it do not tell you exactly how to put the parameters in. Power on, power off, in the pool and running or whatever. In any case I think after a while if can figure out if it is going across the width or the lenght and will adjust its cycle.

As I posted on another thread, I started off tilting the handle into the nice semi-circular indents that you can see when you push the handle lock down to rotate the handle.

Mine was doing more or less the same thing as yours. Back and forth and up and down across the same area. Then I tried putting the handle in the extreme ends of the slots, ( in opposite sides ). Then when it hit the surface the handle would just partially come out of the water and the body was at quite an angle to the surface.

The wheels kept turning and being at an angle it made the unit creep along the waterline several feet before it reversed and went back across the pool .... covering a whole new area.

Good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread