+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DE Filter - Grid has Ripped

Question DE Filter - Grid has Ripped

We have a Jandy DEL60 Filter. Several of our grids have tears in them. We have replaced all the large grids, but have to wait another week for the small grid to be delivered.

1. Can we run the filter without the small grid? Is it better to keep it out then run with a ripped grid?
    2. Is there any way to repair the tears? The grids are very expensive!

Thank you - Paula
    Applepar - SWCG, 26,000 gal, PA

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Re: DE Filter - Grid has Ripped

Don't know much about your filter, or for that matter DE filters. I am no expert, but there doesn't seem to be anyone around on this forum anymore, so I try to answer questions and hope someone with more experience answers too. If you have a filter with a multi-port valve, you could and should continue to run your pump on "recirculate", which means the pump still runs and the pool water bypasses the filter and goes straight into the return line. Even if you can't filter right now, you can keep the water circulating this way and algae free. You could also filter using a skimmer sock while you wait for the new grids.

Default Re: DE Filter - Grid has Ripped

Quote Originally Posted by swimdaddy View Post
    Don't know much about your filter, or for that matter DE filters. I am no expert, but there doesn't seem to be anyone around on this forum anymore, so I try to answer questions and hope someone with more experience answers too. If you have a filter with a multi-port valve, you could and should continue to run your pump on "recirculate", which means the pump still runs and the pool water bypasses the filter and goes straight into the return line. Even if you can't filter right now, you can keep the water circulating this way and algae free. You could also filter using a skimmer sock while you wait for the new grids.
    +1

I'm not familiar with that filter (I have a Hayward DE filter), but I'd be surprised if you could run it properly with the small grid missing.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread