+ Reply to Thread

Thread: URGENT: Pinhole Leak in frame

Default URGENT: Pinhole Leak in liner and frame

I just discovered a pinhole leak in my pool!!! It looks like the rubber outer coating got scraped, and must have also placed a pinhole in the aluminum pool wall and the inner liner! I have liner repair adhesive patches - but the liner hole is near a wrinkle, and the patch can only cover about a half-inch around the hole before it will curve up on the wrinkle. I have used JB weld with success on skimmer / pump leaks. Can it be used with success under water for the liner and on the outside surface? I know that long-term I'll need to do something more significant. But I need to do a quick-fix for now... I have to leave town for the weekend!!! HELP!!!
    Last edited by Steveromo; 08-25-2016 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Added Info
    Steve Romo (6700g AG, Cartridge Filter)

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Re: URGENT: Pinhole Leak in liner and frame

A liner patch should be a pretty permanent fix and hold for a long time, no worries, even underwater.

Default Re: URGENT: Pinhole Leak in liner and frame

Thanks - again - swimdaddy! This has been a season from hell and you've taken time to reply to many of my posts lately! I greatly appreciate that! Following up, the liner adhesive patch has held well so far - even though it was applied close to a wrinkle in the liner. And the JB Water Weld on the outside is added protection. HOWEVER, I suspect I am still going to need a long-term fix and would like additional feedback from the forum. Not sure how it happened, but it appears that the problem started from a small hole in the liner. Water must have seeped thru for some time undetected because it rusted the pool frame! Once it weakened from the rust, a hole broke thru the outer metal wall and began spraying out. The JB weld is covering the visible rusted area, but unfortunately it is right next to a support post. I can't see if there is any rust behind that. I can also see rust along the bottom outer edge on the panels below and to the right and left of the breach. I fear that could lead to major issues in the future. Can the frame be reinforced or repaired in areas where rust has developed? How is this done? Thanks!!!
    Steve Romo (6700g AG, Cartridge Filter)

+ Reply to Thread