+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DE Fillter....

Default DE Fillter....

I back washed my pool and forgot to add DE before the timer turned it on. It ran for about 4 hours before I realized my mistake and added the normal amount.

Could I have damaged anything?
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Anonymous [GDPR] European in the UK Guest

Wink Re: DE Fillter....

Only your reputation!

Default Re: DE Fillter....

That was done years ago
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Hahaha! You're good.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

This brings up the question, what damage might occur if you run a DE filter without DE? I know my DE filter manual warns about running it without DE, but I've never read anything that says what kind of damage might occur?
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Hey, that was my question

I am no expert as I have a sand filter. However, from what I have read, if your pool water was dirty, it may be good to clean the grids. If not, the goof may just mean you have to clean it sooner than normal. It was only a few hours.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

If it was longer, and the pool water was really dirty, it can clog your grids and shorten their life.

Water was clean a the time but probably not a bad idea to do a tear down and spray them off.

+ Reply to Thread