+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone tried aqua finesse pool care tablets for a biguanide pool?

Default Has anyone tried aqua finesse pool care tablets for a biguanide pool?

Hi,

I am trying them this season to see if it clears up the typical white water mold / pink slime issues associated with biguanide. So far things have been going well until the past few days. Following brushing, there was evidence of white water mold in the water, and yet the water has been clear. Filter cleanings have showed that the mold is collecting on the DE grids, but I've had very little filter pressure increase this season compared to previous years. Readings are all good and I'm able to sustain an oxidizer level - although I wish there was a better way to test it than those multi-purpose strips that check for oxidizer, pH, TA, etc. Is there a test kit that only checks Baquacil oxidizer and sanitizer levels? Also, is there anyone on the forum still using baquacil?

Thanks,
    Keith

Default Re: Has anyone tried aqua finesse pool care tablets for a biguanide pool?

Sorry, I have no experience with baquacil. I think you'll find the majority here are chlorine users.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread