+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Automatic Pool Cover closing issue

Default Automatic Pool Cover closing issue

We have an Automatic Pool Cover installed on our pool. When I turned the key switch tonight to close the cover, a solid red light came on the key switch box. I reset the breaker and it worked for about 5 seconds. I had to continually go through this process approx a dozen times in order to get the cover closed. Anyone have any idea what might be causing that? I can't find anything in the manual or on their website. Thanks.
    11,700 gallon Leisure Elegance 27 fiberglass pool, Pentair Intelliflo pump, IntelliChlor IC20 ECG, UltraTemp heat pump, IntelliBrite 5g LED light, EasyTouch 4, DeckJet II, Automatic Pool Covers AutoGuard Top Track

Default Re: Automatic Pool Cover closing issue

Update: Pool company came out to check into our issue. They believe that it's either a sensor or the cover motor. This was installed in 2012, so the motor is only 4 years old. Hopefully it's only a sensor, because I really don't want to drop $1200 on a new motor! Will update with more info once they can pinpoint the problem.
    11,700 gallon Leisure Elegance 27 fiberglass pool, Pentair Intelliflo pump, IntelliChlor IC20 ECG, UltraTemp heat pump, IntelliBrite 5g LED light, EasyTouch 4, DeckJet II, Automatic Pool Covers AutoGuard Top Track

Yikes! Pricy motor!
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Yea, they are expensive. Mine is over 10 years old and will need replacing soon. Saving up! I hope your warranty covers at least part of it!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread