+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot box

Hybrid View

Default Hot box

Early Spring we converted to a Jacuzzi Saniclear 40 salt system. The box that is on the house gets VERY hot. This morning when I turned it on it was fine...chlorine was a little low in the water so I switched it to super chlorinate. I came back out in a couple of hours to switch it back...the screen on the box was black. I switched it back and after about an hour the screen had reappeared. The sun is on the box from about 11 to 1. Even when it is in the shade the box is still very hot...is that normal?
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

Default Re: Hot box

I don't know, but maybe my "bump" will trigger more responses.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Thank You...The system is still working fine, though the box still gets pretty hot during the day. It is off at night so it cools down. I haven't noticed the screen going black again, but I haven't had it on super chlorinate since. Any other info greatly appreciated.
    PF=5; 23K gal IG kidney vinyl pool, Triton II Sand Filter, Whisperflow VS Pump, Taylor 2006 kit, Jacuzzi/Carvin Saniclear 40 SWCG

My AquaRite, installed in 2004 and mounted outside on the north side of the house, can get pretty hot. The display has never gone blank though.

Perhaps contact the manufacturer to see if it's normal?
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread