+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloudy Please help

mrszaff is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mrszaff 0

Default Cloudy Please help

I originally put this post in the wrong spot...sorry

We have had issues in the past with metal in the water so when I opened the pool a week ago I proactively added Jacks Blue Stuff for metal and 32 oz. polyquot. I could see the bottom it was not green but had a clear film on walls, I put 2 tri chlor pucks in filter and ran 24/7, it became cloudy immediately so I added 2-4 bottles of bleach every night and blue clarifier. Now its a beautiful blue but I cannot see the deep end drain, yesterday I added 8 gallon bottles of liquid shock (sodium hypochlorite 12.5) and another polyquot 60, I still had a low FC level.

So today here are my numbers . fc 2, tac 5 cya 0,ta 80, ph 7.0

The pool store told me ...to add soda ash which i did today and a bag of leslies powder powder plus (calcium hydrochlorite 73%) and to add clarifier tomorrow I backwashed a few days ago, it wasn't green, no metal stains so far .

how can i clear this pool, please help thanks
    Last edited by mrszaff; 06-18-2016 at 07:29 AM.
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

Default Re: Cloudy Please help

Can you test your CYA with a home testkit?

Your chlorine is burning off with no CYA.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Fc 6.0 cc 5 cya 0 ta 80 ph 7.3
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

I didn't phrase my question well. Sorry. What testkit are you using? It says 2000.
    Anyway, I would add about 4 lbs. of CYA. See where you are in a couple of days. If you think you may need to backwash within the next 48 hours, do that first.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Taylor k- 2006 , I will get the CA in the morning , thanks. So no more shock for now?

Was your CYA test solution cloudy at all? Let us know.

If it was, just add 3#. And no, don't add more chlorine until you drop down to 3ish until you get the CYA in there.
    Last edited by FormerBromineUser; 06-18-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Also, don't waste any more money on algaecide. You only need it when you close your pool for the winter.

The cya test was not cloudy at all, thank you!

Okay. Then that means your CYA is close to zero. Add the 4#. How is your FC now?

I will do another reading now...

+ Reply to Thread