+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Cloudy Please help

mrszaff is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mrszaff 0

Default Re: Cloudy Please help

Ill test it tonight and then again in the morning to see if it holds?
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

You make your last addition of the night and then an hour later, test the FC. The reason for the second test is that additions may not hit exactly your goal and testing MOE. Then in the morning within a half-hour of sunrise, test FC and CC. If you lose 1ppm FC or less, your CC's are 0.5 or less, and your water is super clear, you pass and are done shocking. Some people keep the levels up and do an additional overnight test. Up to you.

I am not sure you're there yet because you probably lost 3ppm last night, but if you don't mind getting up early, go for it!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

ok I will give it a try, is it ok to add a sequestering agent
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

Jack's Ble is mostly for copper. The pink is more all-purpose.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

overnight test showed I lost 3, FC was 10 at night so I added bleach and tested an hour later ,I added too much i guess... it was 15, then early morning showed it was 12, pool is clear CC .5

I will do another overnight test tonight.

steps are very brown and liner slightly discolored from metal, I will try adding Metal Magic ProTeam today , I can get it at a local store, it has worked in the past.The Jacks Stuff I can get from Amazon but it takes a few days.

We are having an electric heater installed this week because he pool never gets above 76, so I am treating myself. Looking forward to a good summer!

thanks !
    Last edited by mrszaff; 06-26-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Okay then. You know what to do! After you add the Metal Magic and pass your overnight test, you may want to try the towel method here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...about-it/page2

Yes that's amazing, I bought skimmer socks which work well also. I will keep you posted, thanks

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

How do you know its metal staining and not dead algae? When you have an algae problem, it would be normal for some brown to accumulate in the bottom as it dies from the high FC levels.

it lifts with a vitiman c tablet
    Pool is clear and stains are gone today. thanks , i will keep trying to maintain it, I will post numbers later
    Last edited by mrszaff; 06-28-2016 at 10:12 AM.

If it lifts with vitamin C, it's iron. I'm glad the stains came up! The iron is now still in the pool, it's just suspended in the water.

Once you pass that overnight test, you can try using some cal-hypo added directly to the skimmer as your chlorine source occasionally. It may help remove some of the suspended iron onto your filter and then it will backwash out. The towel trick will help too. You may find that doing those two things will reduce the iron in the water and allow you to use less sequestrant down the road unless your "utility" refill water is high in iron.

+ Reply to Thread