+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloudy Please help

mrszaff is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mrszaff 0

Default Re: Cloudy Please help

this morning's reading cc=3 FC=4 alk= 60 ph=7.3 cya ia a little less than 30

I thought I saw the outline of the drain but its raining and I wasn't sure... I am adding another gallon now and I will repeat at lunch time
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

To get from an FC of 3 to your shock level of 12, you should have added almost 2 gallons of 8.25%. Are you using those bleach calculations I posted above? What FC/CC did you get at lunchtime?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

I added 1 gallon of 12.5% this morning after my initial reading and then at 12 noon added another gallon of 12.5 %, now 4 hours later my numbers have dropped to FC 2.0 CC 2.5 I am adding a third gallon now and probably more before bed time. I really am perplexed, pool is still blue and cloudy.
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

You still have a lot of CC's in there. Your chlorine is fighting hard and is getting used up. Don't stop testing and adding chlorine AND put another 1/2G of 12.5% in there. You need to get that FC up to 12. Otherwise the bad guys have the advantage. 1 gallon puts your FC at 8.5. You really need to get it to 12ppm.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

ok I added another gallon, i will test it late tonight before adding more. I just went to the store to buy plain bleach, im out of 12% FIlter is running 24/7 and thank you!

You must not like math....!

For 8.25%:
    12 minus (-) current tested FC = #ppm needed.
    Then
    #ppm needed times (x) 3.5 cups of bleach = how many cups to add.

There are 4 cups to a quart and 16 cups to a gallon.

I haven't added the bleach yet ...and its only 5% not 8, but anyway after adding everything I have so far, my reading is not even close to 12 yet.
    I love math, lol ...I teach it all day to 10 year olds.
    I really do appreciate your help, I'm just getting anxious because I have been fighting this cloud for 10 days now. I will post my new numbers tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again!

Hahaha about teaching math!

Since we know this:
    If your chlorine is 10%: add 3C for every 1ppm increase you need
    If your chlorine is 12.5%: add 2C, 3oz for every 1ppm increase you need
    Then 5% would be 6C or 1.5Q

I don't know what you were doing for some of the last 10 days, but if you brush the pool and KEEP your FC at 12 (or even a tad over), by testing and adding as often as you can, your pool WILL clear.

EDIT: I just reread the thread. I neglected to suggest that you remove the pucks. Let's get them out if they're still in there.
    Last edited by FormerBromineUser; 06-21-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Ok thank you! I will remove the pucks and post numbers tomorrow. Thanks again

my numbers this morning fc=1.5 cc= .5
    I can make out the drain its just not crystal clear yet, but its an improvement for sure. I will keep adding bleach and I will vacuum today.

I haven't let anyone use the pool, what do you think? thank you!

+ Reply to Thread