+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloudy Please help

Default Re: Cloudy Please help

We gotcha covered! Night.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

mrszaff is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mrszaff 0

I bought the dry cya because the liquid said monosodium cyranurate monohydrate 35percent and I wasnt sure about that, I added about half the 4 pound bucket mixed with water to the skimmer as per the directions, will add the rest tonight and retest the water tomorrow. thank you
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

Okay. Tomorrow we will "assume" your CYA is 30. So tomorrow, take your FC up to 12 and keep it there by testing and addi g 2-3 times a day. This chart shows that your shock level is about 12. http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/best...e-chart.html#a
    Last edited by FormerBromineUser; 06-19-2016 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Forgot the link
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

ok i will keep you posted, enjoy the weekend!
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

my cya is 30 this afternoon but my cc =4 fc=1.5 I bought 2 cases of liquid shock and I will add 2 gallons tonight

Be sure and do more in the morning. You probably will need another dose tonight depending on when you add that first dose. You have done a shock procedure before, right? I don't want to tell you things you already know!

I will add 2 more tonight and check it again in the AM before adding 2 more. still no sign of clearing but I remain hopeful, thanks!

A couple of things.

One: the CYA you added will not make the pool clear. We added that so that your chlorine will be protected from the sun. It's the chlorine that will clear your pool.

Two, your goal is to get your FC up to 12 and keep it there. An initial dose of 2 gallons is good.
    After that, though, test your FC the next time. Add enough to get your FC back up to 12. Repeat.

Here's your dosage:
    If your chlorine is 10%: add 3C for every 1ppm increase you need
    If your chlorine is 12.5%: add 2C, 3oz for every 1ppm increase you need

so far today alone I have added 5 gallons of 12.5 and 2 gallons of regular generic bleach, I will try again tomorrow.

Okay. Just don't go too far past 12 as you don't want to bleach your liner.

With 8.25%, you need 3-1/2C to raise by 1ppm.

You might want to do a recheck tomorrow of your CYA just in case not all of it was dissolved by today.

+ Reply to Thread