+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CC higher than FC

Default Re: CC higher than FC

DE can help your filter out. Btw, how often were you testing and bumping the FC back up?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

If the DE doesn't work, try adding a little bit of polyquat algaecide. Not only is it an algaecide, but it also acts like a clarifier, clumping smaller particles together, which are more likely to get stuck in your filter. You don't have to use much, I bought a bottle recommended on the Pool Solutions site 2 years ago, and I have used it twice, only putting in 5 ounces each time, and it cleared my pool overnight, and within a week crystal clear. It will drop the FC levels so you have to plan on that.

in the morning before work and at night trying for 12 hrs apart. It seems I'm adding shock more often at night than in the morning. Maybe due to sunshine? I haven't tested tonight yet, but it'll be interesting to see what 3 inches of rain did to the numbers.

Update. Just tested FC, CC, and PH. PH stayed at 7.2, CC stayed at .5, but FC went from 20 down to 13.5 in the 24 hrs. (I didn't test this morning with the storms.
    Last edited by beaverplt; 06-14-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    25k gal pool, 18 x 36, 3' to 8' depth. Vinyl lined. Single speed pump

Yup. That's UV that causes the difference. Maybe you can sneak in one more test and add as soon as you get home from work?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Got some DE into the pool this afternoon. Went exactly as described. Pressure went up one lb with the 1/3 cup. As an aside, it seems odd that the smallest amount I could buy is ten pounds, yet I only needed 1/3 cup. I'm thinking I'm set for a while. One other note, don't use your wife's nice measuring cups. They're not harmed, but you might be.
    25k gal pool, 18 x 36, 3' to 8' depth. Vinyl lined. Single speed pump

Hahaha! Yup, better get your own measuring cups!

My dedicated pool maintenance supplies include a 2Q and a 1C plastic measuring cup, a toothbrush, a pot scrubber, a scotch sponge with delicate scouring pad, a plastic turkey baster, a roll of paper towels, a plastic long-handled spoon, and 2 buckets: one small, one large.

You can include the box of DE in your will. It may last longer than you will! Cheap, though, and worth it.

Lol!
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

I bought 2 huge boxes of DE that my children's children will cherish. Hah! BTW, what's the turkey baster for?

Hahahaha! I use the turkey baster to shoot chlorine-rich water into my light niche on occasion. I don't take the housing all the way out; I just unscrew it enough that I can get the stream from the baster into the niche.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Hahahaha! I use the turkey baster to shoot chlorine-rich water into my light niche on occasion. I don't take the housing all the way out; I just unscrew it enough that I can get the stream from the baster into the niche.
    Good idea.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread