+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: clorox performance bleach

Default clorox performance bleach

I just realized I am using Clorox Performance Beach (bought at costco) instead of Regular beach.

I think it's the same think, but unable to confirm. Can some please advise?
    New pool owner
    30,000 gallon concrete and tile pool with DE filter and offline Chlorinator.

Default Re: clorox performance bleach

I believe the only difference is the percentage of sodium hypochlorite, 8.25 vs 8.30. I've used this before and didn't have any issues. I've since switched to the Walmart brand as it's cheaper than Clorox.

Hopefully, others will chime in to verify.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

There's some info in this thread from another forum about this. It appears the only difference is as Toy describes.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...clorox-regular
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Thanks Toybuilder and JimK.

On the same line, I was at walmart and saw this item in my local walmart: Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid.
    It has 10% Sodium hypochlorite... So I assume stronger bleach. I haven't seen this mentioned before... Anyone thought on this?
    New pool owner
    30,000 gallon concrete and tile pool with DE filter and offline Chlorinator.

Quote Originally Posted by gagan View Post
    Thanks Toybuilder and JimK.

On the same line, I was at walmart and saw this item in my local walmart: Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid.
    It has 10% Sodium hypochlorite... So I assume stronger bleach. I haven't seen this mentioned before... Anyone thought on this?
    Yep, it's just stronger bleach.....fine to use.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

How much did it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by gagan View Post
    ...On the same line, I was at walmart and saw this item in my local walmart: Pool Essentials Chlorinating Liquid. It has 10% Sodium hypochlorite... So I assume stronger bleach. I haven't seen this mentioned before... Anyone thought on this?
    I saw this for the first time in my local Walmart today. It was $2.50, which is a great price. I generally use Walmart bleach, which is 8.25% in a 121 oz bottle for $2.94. That works out to be $0.29 per oz of chlorine. That's quite a bit better than my pool store, which sells 12.5% in a 128 oz bottle for $6.25. That's $0.39 per oz.

Today, I noticed that Walmart had liquid chlorine for pools in the garden section, with their other pool chems. Per the label, it's 10.0% sodium hypochlorite in a 128 oz bottle for $2.50. That's just under $0.20 per oz of chlorine. Best price I've ever seen. I bought 6 gallons, but haven't tried it yet, so don't know the actual effectiveness. Just wondering if anyone else has used this stuff and would share their experience?

Wouldn't you know it, no local walmarts carry it and they don't ship it. That's what you get when you live in a small town.

I have this link bookmarked as a handy reference when I am out shopping: http://poncatechsquad.com/Dan/Chlorine/
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Awesome! Saves some mental gymnastics.

+ Reply to Thread