+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Poolvac going in circles

irishkenj Guest

Default Hayward Poolvac going in circles

I purchased my home with an in-ground vinyl pool in 1999. The seller left me the Hayward Poolvac that wasn't new at the time. Towards the end of last year and again this year when I put it in the pool in just travels in circles.

Has it run its course or is there something I can do - besides replace the feet which I already did - to get it going again?

If not - got a recommendation for an inground vinyl liner pool with a couple steps in the corner? Goes 4ft. - 8 ft. with 4 ft. vertical walls all the way around and 4 ft. rectangle slope in the deep end.

Thanks in advance! Ken

Default Re: Hayward Poolvac going in circles

Try taking it to your LPS and see what they say. Mine has been runnning 24X7 in my IGP for 5 years now with only wing replacment, and feet once. But there is a gear head that causes it to do it's meandering. That maybe needed replacing.

My Legend was doing the same thing. Does it also wrap itself in it's hose?

I replaced the floats on the pressure hose and it solved my problem.
    Curtis
    Pearland TX
    18000 gallon Gunite inground
    DE Filter
    Legend Pool Cleaner

irishkenj Guest

It's not wrapping aroudn the hose....maybe it's the gear. As much as I hate visiting the "LPS" I might as well. By the way - I foudn a receipth from the previous owner.....1994!

Side note: I won't feel bad about visitign the LPS after all. The other day I'm working in the yard when the guy that was putting a roof on the hosue across the street wanders over. He tells me he can't believe how clear my water is and wants to know my secret. I tell him borax and bleach. "Won't that hurt my kids?", he asks. Hell no -and it'll save you a ton of $$. He then tells me he's spent over $600 in chemicals since opening his pool 3 weeks ago and that they have duped him. Gavehim a brief lesson and I don't think he'll be visiting that particular "LPS" again!

+ Reply to Thread