+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Please Respond PoolForum Fans

Default Re: Please Respond PoolForum Fans

I'm here but it doesn't seem like many are active helping lately. Great idea, I wish people would help more. Thanks.

Hey, all. I just wanted to say "Hello" and let you know that I am back. Glad to see Watermom is still here despite the forum difficulties. Since I was last active here, I was poolless for a couple of years. But I'm about to start installing an intex pool. So, I updated my signature, and I am ready for swimming season (in the pool and on the forum). As long as the forum is here (and I have a pool) I will be active and help where I can. Everything I know about pools I learned here, and I feel it's an invaluable resource.
    In case anyone is wondering why I am going to Intex (especially when my last pool was in-ground), it's a simple matter of time and money. We only plan on living in this house for 4-5 years. So the only practical option is above ground. However, even a typical above ground pool is not in the budget right now. So this should satisfy my love of pools until our next home.
    -Eric B. 16x32 rect 14,364 gal AG (Intex Ultra Frame); 14 in sand filter; 1 HP 2800 GPH pump; 8 hrs; Taylor K-2006c, utility water, debris cover
    @Best Guess chart http://pool9.net/cl-cya @K2006 http://pool9.net/testkits

Hi, I check in yearly to refresh my memory before we open our IG pool. Tomorrow is the day! Looking forward to seeing the sparkling blue water again after a long winter in the upper midwest. My post says I joined in 1969 - nope. We built the pool in 2000. 17 fun years and counting!

CarlD is offline Super Moderator Quark Inspector CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I just want to let users know that I am NOT burnt out on the users, on you guys. Not at all. My issues are solely with Ben Powell and that's why I have stopped participating and moderating.
    Carl

16'x40' rectangle 19K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward T210 sand filter and 2 Speed Superpump 1hp pump; Solar heated. Test kit: PS 233; PF:6.3; Autopilot SWCG

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    I just want to let users know that I am NOT burnt out on the users, on you guys. Not at all. My issues are solely with Ben Powell and that's why I have stopped participating and moderating.

Thanks Carl. We appreciate that.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; I put together individual Taylor kits that combined is the same as the Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Get that.
    I would love to see a photo (or more) on your fanta-sea rebuild finale!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

mrszaff is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mrszaff 0

Thank you for maintaining this site!
    16x32' rectangle 19K gal IG vinyl pool; bbb; jacuzzi sand filter; jacuzzi pump; 8hrs; Taylor 2000; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:6.3

BigDave is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    Hi Carl, I was at Sun yesterday to pick up this season's first refill and thought of you.

As for the thread's topic. I still come here for research but the demise of this community makes me sad.

Be well
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Wow. Nice to see you, BigDave! Thank YOU for all your help to us all!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

It has been very quiet of late and I note that the site was down for a while. I thought, well that's it....gone! Only to be surprised it popped back up so I hope others haven't deleted it from their favorites and bookmarks.
    Is there anybody there?
    Passivpool Energy A++ rated pool, the most efficient in the world! 24ft x 12ft, 12000 gallons I/G vinyl lined pool, variable speed pump 0.08hp,(30-60 watts) running 24/7. AFM glass media 24" sand filter, Strantrol chemical injection

+ Reply to Thread