+ Reply to Thread

Thread: low spot repair

Default low spot repair

I have a AG pool that I will be replacing the liner in this spring. There are some low spots in the pool now that have occurred over time.

Is there anyway to raise the low area's without bringing the entire area down the the low spot height?

I know when we originally we set the level height to the lowest spot in the circle. That was a lot of work and I'm really not looking forward to doing it again.
    24 round 12.9K* gal AG vinyl pool; liquide chlorine; sand filter; 2 1 speed pump; 8 hrs; ; the recommended Taylor kit; utility water; summer: solar; winter: mesh; android phone; PF:9.3

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Re: low spot repair

What is your pool sitting on? If its sand, just bring in some more sand (blow sand compacts readily) and then screed it out. Its would be way easier to bring in material than remove, though cheeper to remove if you have a place to use the material.

It sits on what is called "undulating clay", which when wet is like taffy and when dry like rock. Then I have a few inches of sand.

"Blow sand" is the word I need to use?
    24 round 12.9K* gal AG vinyl pool; liquide chlorine; sand filter; 2 1 speed pump; 8 hrs; ; the recommended Taylor kit; utility water; summer: solar; winter: mesh; android phone; PF:9.3

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

If you get it from a concrete or asphalt company, ask for blow sand as it compacts really well, its what they use in the mix for concrete and its relatively cheep. Usually if you get enough of it you don't have to pay for delivery. There are other substrates you can use, all of which I cannot think of right now off the top of my head. Granite dust comes to mind, and I think Carl (one of the mods) uses something different that packs down really well. I put down 3 inches of gravel and 3 inches of sand, packing each level with a plate compactor. I expect that over time the sand will filtrate down into the gravel and then I'll add more sand.

+ Reply to Thread