+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Used Polyquat to help clear pool.

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Used Polyquat to help clear pool.

Wanted to share my experience with a cloudy pool that wouldn't clear. Recently had a couple of dust storms and constant smoke from the fires all around us created a murky, greenish pool that wouldn't clear or settle to the bottom, couldn't seem my hand in the water at arms length. I use the K2006 and all my numbers looked good. Just to be safe brought the FC up to about 15 PPM and did overnight test, only lost 1 PPM, and tested again in evening and only lost another 1 PPM. Kept FC up for another night but the next day it was still very cloudy and green.

My pump and filter don't match so filtering out all the particulates is not going to happen (looking into a MUCH bigger sand filter or cartridge filter for next season). Vacuuming was useless until everything settles to the bottom.

I have read the polyquat algaecide can help clear up a cloudy pool, so I added a little last night. Didn't know how much to add, so put in about 1/3 of what the instructions said, 5 oz. This morning my pool is significantly clearer, can see the bottom with lots of dirt settling.

I am pretty confident that I did not have an algae problem, just a lot of dirt that wouldn't settle out and I couldn't filter out. The polyquat did something to help the suspended particles settle to the bottom. Now I can vacuum to waste, may need to repeat the cycle once more.

This forum has great advice if you are willing to dig a little and read. Thanks!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Used Polyquat to help clear pool.

Yup. Polyquat will do that. It is an added bonus.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread