I am re-posting my earlier attempt,because; when I submitted earlier, I was prompted that i had not signed in-but could not get the sight to open back up. I went back to my second email and am trying again.
We had an in-ground fiberglass pool (Leisure brand) installed in October, 4 years ago, by a wonderful local installing company. Right away we noticed a six inch circle in the center of the bottom of the pool, with a crescent-shaped indentation in the middle and had no textured finish on it. We also noticed the textured finish was not uniform in coverage throughout the entire pool. The edges of the steps had no texture, which rendered it slippery. The following summer we noticed the walls and floor of our Australian-Deep Blue pool, were turning a light milky color. We contacted the company who made the pool (Leisure), and tried to get assistance. We were told the spot in the bottom of the pool was "the standard" with pools made 5 years ago (our pool was not 5 years old-it was 3). We were told the finish is as it should be, and that advertising claims about the finish, have nothing to do with warranty, period. They sent us some chemicals (Metal Out-Plus) and instructed us as to how to use them. We scrubbed, and brushed and followed all the instructions but there was no improvement-in the build-up. Leisure was done with us! The following year the pool was worse. The entire pool was light milky blue. This "buildup" varied in shading throughout. We called the company that installed the nasty looking pool, again. This company (Firemaster Inc.), stopped selling Leisure Pools, and has worked diligently trying to get Leisure to fix our pool, as well as another one they installed 40 miles away in Kentucky, two weeks after ours. Both pools have the same color-and gel-coating, one has a chlorine filter system (ours) and the other one has a salt system, the pools are filled from different water sources, and both were Leisure Fiberglass pools. Leisure had us try another chemical to see if it would help; the chemical was called Magenta Solution. It did nothing either. A few months ago a representative of Leisure contacted Firemaster, and asked them what it would take to get Firemaster to start selling and installing Leisure pools again. The wonderful people at Firemaster told the owner of Leisure get the Kueber pool, and the pool in Kentucky-right and make them happy.
Leisure sent another representative to your home. He said he would get our pool right, no matter what it took-he would hope the chemicals would work, but if they didn't-he would have to drain, sand and re-finish our pool with new gel-coat himself! He put more chemicals in-no change. He left, and instructed us that we needed to 'transfer' our water because our cynuric acid was too high. We did this, with additional cost of water, then we had to purchase $150.00 worth of Leisure’s special chemicals, he said we needed. He also instructed us, to keep chlorine low, don't run our heater, to scrub the pool daily, back-flush frequently, don't use heater, run our automatic vacuum. WE did all of this-not him, and that about 3 weeks ago-and no change! We feel the gel-coat on our pool was defective from the start, the spot on the bottom of the pool was caused because they could not get the shell off the form when it was built so they cut, and blew it off-and did not bother to repair the finish and texture. We spent $30,000.00 on this travesty of a dream pool whose promise in Leisure literature is, the finish is so smooth, slick, and hard-nothing with stick and makes the pool CAREFREE. Can anyone help us-this has been going on for over 3 years? Thank you again for allowing me to join and post on this forum.