+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using the Aerator

Default Using the Aerator

Hello, living in Arizona my pool is real warm this time of year to the point that it is not even refreshing and I don't use it.

Does running the aerator actually cool the pool or just speed up evaporation?
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Using the Aerator

Well, evaporation is an energy absorbing action, so it DOES have a cooling effect, though whether it will help much depends on how much evaporation is going on. But it will tend to increase your pH. We recommend aeration when one is lowering TA and needs to raise pH without TA rising.

running your filter at night with the pool uncovered should bleed off some heat energy as well. Consider solar panels. If you run them at night it speeds up cooling, like a giant car radiator. Don't run them during the day.
    Carl

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Re: Using the Aerator

Where I live, its been 90-100 degrees for most of the summer. Running my solar heater at night is the difference between a 90 degree pool or 95+ degrees, which is no longer refreshing. And that is even leaving the solar cover on to prevent evaporation.

+ Reply to Thread