+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool fencing a good idea?

Raymondmb Guest

Default Pool fencing a good idea?

We have a custom pool built 2 years ago. Now we have boy who is 4 years old. Children are restless and always roam around. Having a pool in the backyard frightens me. My husband says that fencing the pool is not a good idea as I would look inappropriate for the landscape. I know it is not good to fence the pool as the landscape is concerned but I don’t want anything bad for kid. We plan to call up our pool builder very soon. If you have any ideas and suggestions that’ll of great help. Thank you!
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-15-2018 at 09:04 AM.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Pool fencing a good idea?

I normally do not respond to either trial users especially multiple thread starters but fencing your pool is AN ABSOLUTE MUST! I'm amazed you were able to pass inspection without a 4' high difficult-to-climb fence, and self-closing gate with a child-proof latch. Most communities require that, and your HO insurance probably won't cover the pool without it.

Plus the danger to your little boy is EXTREME! There are far too many drownings of small children throughout North America. Appearances be damned! Nothing is uglier or sadder than a dead child floating in a swimming pool!

FENCE YOUR POOL!
    Carl

would you rather have a fence that may not look great with the landscape or be worried about the child drowning all the time? I have nice fence around the pool area with a magna latch on the gate, I also use a secondary strap to lock the gate for peace of mind. Once the kids get older I will think about relocating the fence but for now it is directly around the pool area so they can't get in without me or the wife wanting them in. Better to be safe now rather than sorry later.

We had to put a fence up before pool builder would even plaster (pebbletec) the pool, local law here in NC

Hi,
    Better solution is telescopic enclosure. It save you health, money for heating, chemistry and you can lock it and it is safe for your boy. I have 4 year boy and brand new baby girl and I really love it. Here you are some tips - http://www.albixonusa.com/products/pool-enclosures/

Have you considered swimming pool enclosure? ..check Albixon Canada.
    The advantage is not just safety, but also longer swimming pool season and significantly less chemicals as well as cleaning required.

I have a Life Saver safety fence. It provides excellent security around the pool, keeping the kids away from the water and doesn't look too bad when it's up. If your having a pool party and are concerned about the aesthetics, you can yank it out, roll it up and store it in 5 minutes.

DonaldCoronel Guest

I think fencing is a good idea,also use pool covers and take all the safety measures if you have kids and pets in your house.

cnicquel Guest

Pool fencing is probably the safest option even if it doesn't look good. Another alternative is a hard pool cover.

In most locations fencing is required as part of the building code. Keep your kids alive. Put up a fence (4 feet tall) that CAN'T be climbed and grow grapes or something like that on it.

+ Reply to Thread