+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ph 7.7

Default ph 7.7

My ph 7.7 but it did just rain last night. Should I add something? If so what? I've never had it that high. And my cl dropped to 5.5? Please help so I don't get a green pool. I can't keep the cl keep no matter how much I put in.
    14k gal AG pool, 150 sq ft cart filter. PF=8

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: ph 7.7

pH of 7.7 is still in the safe range of 7.2-7.8, so you needn't worry.

A chlorine level of 5.5 could be too low, high, or just right. How did you get that reading? Is it an FC reading or a TC reading? (Free Chlorine vs Total Chlorine)
    The key to the right chlorine level is the stabilizer level, for shorthand, CYA (Cyanuric Acid). If you look at our sister site, Poolsolutions.com, you'll see something called a "best guess table". This gives ideal chlorine ranges for various CYA ranges, for both maintenance and for shocking. The higher the CYA, the more chlorine you need.
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

The Best Guess Chlorine Chart is in my signature below. It would probably help if you would give a complete set of test results and also tell what kit you used to test with and what all you have been adding to your pool.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Wah! I lost my sig like that and Ben went for his "walk-around" before he could fix it!
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread