pH: With almost all chemicals we always say NEVER ADD THE FULL AMOUNT! Add 1/2 of the "recommended" amount, wait a couple of hours and test again. Gradual adjustment is the key. i don't use the pool calculator for just that reason--too easy to overshoot your goal. It works best for bleach, IMHO.

Now you need to add acid to your pool to bring pH down. I don't know how big your pool is so I would start with a cup of Muriatic acid. You can use Dry Acid instead. Either way, add it to a five gallon bucket of water FIRST before adding it to your pool. Do no breath the acid fumes...you will see vapor rise from the jug. Keep it away from your face and skin and wear safety goggles and gloves. Always add the acid to water, not the other way around!

Then pour the bucket into the pool's return stream and keep your pump on. Test pH in an hour and if it is still high repeat. 7.6 is ideal but any result from 7.3 to 7.7 I would leave alone.

CH: the colors look fine to me. 40 drops means a CH of 400ppm and you do not want to exceed that in any pool or you may face clouding or scaling. See if your pool store tester confirms that number.
However, I would go on line and order replacement reagents (testing chems) just to be sure. Always store them in a cool, dry place, indoors.

So, what is the ONE additive I don't mind overshooting on? Chlorine, of course!