+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accidental over filled pool

sabres07 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst sabres07 0

Default Accidental over filled pool

I accidentally left my garden hose on while adding water to my in-groud pool....for 30 hrs!!! However, the water did not overflow the top, it appears as though the water seeped down between the liner and wall of the pool....and then seeped into the ground surrounding the pool. What are the ramifications of such an act? My liner appears in tact with no wrinkling. The base of the liner seems stable from the inside of the pool. No air or water bubbles behind the liner. Did I get lucky here???
    16'x32' oval 15K gal IG vinyl pool; liquid chlorine; Hayward cartridge filter; Hayward 3/4 hp pump; 3/5/2012hrs; Taylor 2006c; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:8

Default Re: Accidental over filled pool

Sounds like you were lucky, but how do you know there is water behind the liner if you have no wrinkles?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

He doesn't know. He said there are no bubbles of air or bubbles of water. There could still be water behind the liner, of course. I don't think there's anything you can do except hope the water doesn't cause the wall to rust.
    Carl

sabres07 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst sabres07 0

There is no evidence of any problems so far. The liner looks the exact same as before, and there doesnt seem to be any softness under the liner/ floor area....hope I didnt erode anything under the pool.
    16'x32' oval 15K gal IG vinyl pool; liquid chlorine; Hayward cartridge filter; Hayward 3/4 hp pump; 3/5/2012hrs; Taylor 2006c; utility water; summer: none; winter: vinyl / water bags; ; PF:8

+ Reply to Thread