+ Reply to Thread

Thread: turkey pooping in spa

Default turkey pooping in spa

This is a new development. Several times in the past week, a turkey has pooped in the spa (my spa is connected to the pool, they share the same water supply, etc.). I did a search on "turkey" and didn't find anything (actually a few references to humans popped up, but not actual turkeys). I'm going to try putting a plastic snake and a plastic crocodile in the spa (maybe one in the pool too), and I will post the results after I've had a chance to monitor it for a week or so.
    John

15K gallon in-ground plaster pool (30yrs old) - Pentair 420 Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter
    IntelliFlo Variable Speed pump - Ray-Pac 266 BTU gas heater

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: turkey pooping in spa

Sounds like a cover for the spa is in order. Unfortunately, you can't have a turkey shoot there, or here, either. I tried the plastic snakes for a couple of seasons (not turkeys, other birds) because there's usually a few weeks where seem to be aiming for the pool every spring. Didn't help much. Either the birds are too smart to too stupid to see the snakes as real. Hence the tedious process of washing the cover, which is better than bird fecal matter in the water.
    Carl

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about covering the spa too, but I'm afraid if I cover the spa, it will poop in the pool instead.
    John

15K gallon in-ground plaster pool (30yrs old) - Pentair 420 Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Obviously, it's time to get serious about "Turkey Dinner!"
    Carl

Indeed! Maybe if I put a couple cans of cranberry sauce and some dinner plates out there, it will get the hint.

I'll keep you posted on how my inflatable crocodile experiment works out....put it in the pool this morning.
    John

just to close the loop on this for anyone who's interested, I got an inflatable crocodile from Leslie's Pool Supplies, and it seems to have done the trick. The turkey isn't pooping in the water any more. Since the croc moves around the pool with the breeze, I guess it seems real enough to the turkey that it won't come too close to the water. The croc sprung a leak the second or third day I had it, but it still floats even when deflated. Seems to be working.
    John

A leaking crocodile????
    Carl

hmmm....let me rephrase that.....a deflated crocodile?.......not so good either. Well, let's just say the croc is feeling a little flat. But he's still working.
    John

+ Reply to Thread