+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vinyl Liner Floating, Bulging Walls in Inground Pool

Default Re: Vinyl Liner Floating, Bulging Walls in Inground Pool

No worries about the typos! And no worries about your explanation either. Jim understood you; it was just me. It's one of the reasons I asked Jim to take a peek at your thread. I'm not a real handy kinda gal so my brain doesn't always do mechanics easily... I aced all my chemistry and physics classes, but always struggled in lab. One of my degrees is in Geology, and the course I found most difficult was Geological Engineering. I am babbling now....

Let us know how it goes in the morning. They are forecasting 2 more weeks of rain here in the Chicago area. Lordy!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Well im happy to report, i checked the pool this am expecting the need to work the few remaining small wrinkles i had left up in the shallow area, and they were already gone. So, as of right now, at this point, the liner is wrinkle free and had no movement or shift as near as i can tell!

I am inclined to believe that it was water running inward, towards and behind my liner coping that caused this, not a rise in the ground water as you said.

The walls bulged out huge, but it never affected my bottom, so I do think its reasonable to assume the water headed downward, from a tremendous amount of rain, overfilling the area surrounding my pool, not up from a rise in the ground water table. I think by keeping my pool as full as i could and still operate through this helped to keep as much pressure in the bottom to stop the water from continuing further down behind the liner.

I must tell you it was just a fluke idea I had regarding the siphoning of surface water showing around my pool in the rocks using my vac hose...I sure didnt expect it to fix this, but once i thought about it, it made sense that it did: the water basically was taken out from behind the liner the same way as it probably made its way there...

Anyways, thank you so much for your advice and responses, i certainly appreciate it, and I really, really hope things go great with your own pools this season!

FYI-finally a sunny day here in West Central OHIO!
    16'x36' rectangle 21K gal IG vinyl pool; Trichlor feeder, & hand dispense; Fox pools sand filter; A O Smith, Century, 3/4 horse pump; hrs; HTH 6 way test kit, drops; well; PF:5.7

Great job!!!! I'm so happy for you! Knowing that there was little to no wrinkling on the bottom was the key! Woot!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread