+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with inlet nozzle, not adjustable!

Default Problem with inlet nozzle, not adjustable!

I just set up my Intex 9x18 pool and everything is fine except the adjustable pool inlet nozzle isn't adjustable. It just shoots the water across rather than around the pool. My cousin put the nozzle-plunger valve together while i did grunt work so not sure what he did, but before i ask him to come over and dis-assemble the thing (I'm not very handy, and I am not sure it can even be disassembled it's so tight) does anyone have any experience with this/suggestions? Also, should I assume with these parts it's always lefty-loosey or is it possibly the reverse? (I've tried both ways, no doubt making the problem worse.)
    4.5k gal Intex 9 x 18, Krystal Clear 1200 gph Sand Filter Pump. PF=27

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

Default Re: Problem with inlet nozzle, not adjustable!

I had the same problem, but it turned out the nozzle was adjustable but just very tight. A cannot move it by hand, had to stick something in the nozzle (rubber coated handle of a wrench) to move it. As far as loosening the fitting, their is a tool that has been suggested on this forum somewhere, its an oil filter wrench and it works great for pool fittings, I found it at Homedepot and bought 2.

Default Re: Problem with inlet nozzle, not adjustable!

These Intex pool nozzle are stubborn sometimes, I had the same issue. I removed the nozzle and sprayed some WD-40 to loosen the nozzle up kept working it back and forth and then cleaned it before installing in the pool. When you installed the nozzle back it does not have to be installed so tight.

Just asking but you are not trying to take the nozzle off while the pump is running?
    Eddie
    Summer Escapes 14' Pro-Series 4047 gallons, Intex 12 inch sand pump, Intex SWCG, Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump, surrounded by Vinyl Works Fence using a Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766, Sungrabber 4 x 12 feet Solar Collector, Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235, 12 mil Clear Solar Blanket

+ Reply to Thread