+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remington Solar Chlorine-Free “Sun Shock”

Default Remington Solar Chlorine-Free “Sun Shock”

Anybody ever use the Remington Solar Chlorine-Free “Sun Shock”? What has been your experience with it? I will be away a lot this summer and with the BBB method I must put bleach in every 2-3 days. I was thinking this would extend or replace the need to put bleach in so often.

Thx!!
    Paige
    In ground, outdoor, vinyl liner, 22,000 gallons w/Aqua Genie skimmer installed in 2008, 1 HP Hayward 2-speed Super Pump and Hayward pro series high rate S244T both installed 2016

Default Re: Remington Solar Chlorine-Free “Sun Shock”

I took a quick look and it seems it adds copper to the water to help prevent algae growth.

Personally, I wouldn't use it. Copper can stain your pool and turn hair green. Also, while it does help prevent algae, it is not a good sanitizer.

If you can't find someone to add bleach for you, perhaps you could add enough before you leave to last until you get back (how long will you be gone at one time?).

If you want to add an algaecide for extra protection, the only one recommended here is a 60% polyquat such as this;

http://www.amazon.com/Kem-Tek-KTK-50.../dp/B0030BEI0Y
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Thumbs up Re: Remington Solar Chlorine-Free “Sun Shock”

Thx!
    In ground, outdoor, vinyl liner, 22,000 gallons w/Aqua Genie skimmer installed in 2008, 1 HP Hayward 2-speed Super Pump and Hayward pro series high rate S244T both installed 2016

Default Re: Remington Solar Chlorine-Free “Sun Shock”

You can also buy a cheap floating puck dispenser and some pucks for the short term.

You said you would be away a lot, though, so it would be better to train a friend in basic FC/CC/pH testing and dosing. It would make a nice exchange for getting to use the pool while you're gone.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread