+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FANTASEA POOL repair - need Top Steel Bar Joist - any leads on where to get one?

Default FANTASEA POOL repair - need Top Steel Bar Joist - any leads on where to get one?

FANTASEA POOL repair - need Top Steel Bar Joist - any leads on where to get one?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: FANTASEA POOL repair - need Top Steel Bar Joist - any leads on where to get one?

As a longtime FantaSea pool owner, and currently in the midst of a major reconstruction of my FantaSea pool, I'm not sure what you mean by "Top Steel Bar Joist".
    If you mean the steel deck trusses that form the sides and ends of the pool, it's pretty simple that they are nothing but metal ceiling joists that Island Pools re-purposed for their FantaSea line of pools. The ceiling joists are laid on their sides with their tops (the crown side) pointing it to the pool.

Island Pools is also Poolsupplies.com. I suggest you call them and ask for tech support. They may NOT be able to supply trusses but they should have dimensions and a description of the modifications you need. BTW, they are (or were) in the Buffalo area, on Grand Island near Niagara Falls.

It should be a simple matter of finding a building supplier for commercial sheds and warehouses and giving them the dimensions of truss you need. You'll need to do a little fitting at the ends, especially of the side trusses to have mounting plates welded to it.

I hope that answers your question. I am wondering why you need a whole new truss rather than having a welder straighten and reinforce it instead.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread