+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intex pool opening after long winter

Default Intex pool opening after long winter

Well here is another season looking to get a head start, and what better place to come and say HI and get great advise.

Thru poolforum.com i closed my pool last winter lower the water below the skimmer and added bleach to maintain the whole winter and covered. I removed the cover last week water was crystal clear. so i began to refill the pool follow the Simple Recipe start up by PoolDoc. A must read and procedure for all intex owners.

Here are my reading completing the 7 day procedure using a Taylor K-2006C after 3 pounds of Leslie Chlor Brite.

FC - 42.50
    CC - 0
    PH - 7.2 (Originally this was way over 8.0 because wifey added 3 cups of borax instead of 3/4 cup of borax)( i used Kleen Muratic Acid that i bought in Home Depot to lower the PH but as you can see also dropped the TA)
    TA - 30
    CH - 60
    CYA - 90

The Water is super clear, I know the FC will drop in due time i am waiting on my levels to be right before i add the salt.
    Should i use Baking Soda or Soda Ash to raise the TA. I am scared to raise the PH as i feel it is unstable for some reason.
    Should i be concerned about the CH.

Hope to hear from everyone.
    Eddie
    Summer Escapes 14' Pro-Series 4047 gallons, Intex 12 inch sand pump, Intex SWCG, Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump, surrounded by Vinyl Works Fence using a Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766, Sungrabber 4 x 12 feet Solar Collector, Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235, 12 mil Clear Solar Blanket

Default Re: Intex pool opening after long winter

This has been resolved.
    Eddie
    Summer Escapes 14' Pro-Series 4047 gallons, Intex 12 inch sand pump, Intex SWCG, Intex 2500 GPH Filter Pump, surrounded by Vinyl Works Fence using a Taylor K-2006C and Taylor K-1766, Sungrabber 4 x 12 feet Solar Collector, Hayward Aqua Solar GL-235, 12 mil Clear Solar Blanket

Good! How is the water now?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Hi Formerbromineuser,

The water is crystal clear, the FC has been dropping very little since the last time i posted i am at 25ppm compared to 42ppm, as it travels down I continue to monitor the PH and TA. I have been checking the water via K-2006 my PH has balanced out to 7.6 and my TA has raised to 60. I think my high chlorine was supplying false reading. My CYA is a bit high at 90, but that will lower as soon as the children begin to swim and i lose water due to evaporation and spillage.

Thanks for asking, I love this forum.
    Eddie

Glad to hear everything is going well. I love the forum too!!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread