+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pool a little high on Copper and everything else out of whack but

Default pool a little high on Copper and everything else out of whack but

I lowered the water 1 foot and it got down to 1.5 ppm of copper from 2.5 due to the several weeks of rain. I put in some chemicals.. which I should not have and chlorine is way off and PH and Alk also off too. Just open pool about nearly a week now. I got the copper down and put in Jacks Magic the Purple Stuff. Before I added Jack purple stuff I lowered another 1 foot... hopefully the copper will go down further the PH and ALk is not too way off from ideal. Should I have waited till it balanced? I have also stopped the chlorine tab dispenser and SWG completely and added calcium hardness.. and about 200+ now. The brown stains and stufff (according to my memory will go off with Jack's magic - slowly) not like the ascorbic acid which is more immediate. What can I do with the brownish yellowish stains from the metals which I hope has lowered? Thanks. Since the weather is too cold still to even swim.. I am ok with waiting for a few weeks. Total I lowered around 2+ foot of water and then added back.

Default Re: pool a little high on Copper and everything else out of whack but

Hi Phillip.

Pooldoc wrote some great instructions on how to deal with metal stains here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...-Stain-Removal

Basically, you want to get the metals off of your pool surface and into the water (your metal reading will go up). Once the stains have lifted you can deal with getting the metals out of the water. Either by water replacement as you are doing or with "Culator" (amazon.com sells it but it's fairly expensive) or you direct chlorine into the skimmer to cause the metal to collect on your filter media.

Obviously you already know about the ascorbic acid method.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

Default Re: pool a little high on Copper and everything else out of whack but

Just a question. How do you know that it's copper?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread