+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone familiar with this site for Dolphin?

Default Anyone familiar with this site for Dolphin?

I found this site http://www.dolphinpoolcleaner.org/about_dolphin.htm
    Does anyone know if this is Maytronics own site? Anyone bought from there before? Prices are lowest I have found on internet.

Sherra is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher Sherra 0

After looking at their "about us" page and their "return & privacy policy" page, I would say it is NOT a site owned or operated by Maytronics. It looks like a company that sells Maytronics products.
    Sherra
    Kershaw County South Carolina
    18x34 IG 2' radius rectangle vinyl liner (approx 27,500 gal) 1 1/2" pipes installed March 2006
    (previous AG pool owner)

Anyone being as deceptive as these folks appear to be would make be quite willing to go to another site and pay $ 15 bucks more. They seem to be trying to make you think it is the factory site and it is not.

I have been shopping for a Diagnostic myself ... and still have not made up my mind, but I won't be ordering from these guys.

Furthermore this is clearly a commercial site and should not have a .org registration.
    The price seems too good to be true.
    Last edited by brent.roberts; 04-03-2006 at 04:02 PM.

I just discovered that Costco ( www.costco.com) now offer the Dophin Diagnostic at $ 698 and the Dynamic at $1089.

That's a devil we know and a great price.

nater is offline Registered+ Weir Watcher nater 0

Default Ebay for Dolphins

I just bought a Dolphin Diagnostic on Ebay. It took about a week to find an auction that didn't go over my pre-set price, but I now have a brand new Dolphin delivered to my door for less that $550. There are several "ebay stores" selling Dolphins, so do a little homework and pay attention to the feedback rating. My experience was great though.

By the way, absolutley love it so far. It's amazing how much crud it will filter out of the water when it looks "clean".
    Nater
    16x32 Vinyl IG, 20,000 gal, Autopilot DIG-220 w/60 series cell, Dolphin Diagnostic Pool Boy

Wow-550 seems to be a great price. I saw an Aquabot at BJ's today for 899. Comes with an extra filter bag and line float and something else. It did seem too heavy either. Leslie's had Dolphin for 799 I think it was. Much difference between the 2?

cgc2 is offline ** No working email address ** cgc2 0

Quote Originally Posted by brent.roberts
    I just discovered that Costco ( www.costco.com) now offer the Dophin Diagnostic at $ 698 and the Dynamic at $1089.

That's a devil we know and a great price.
    I just checked the costco site and the Dynamic is at 999.99.
    Thats about 100.00 less that I paid for mine 1 month ago thru an Ebay site.

Get the Dynamic....dual motors, you will from time to time need to send the unit to a spot it missed, and the remote makes that a snap. The caddy is a big plus for moving it to and from the pool for service.
    I am very impressed with how it cleans. Due to rain almost every weekend lately, the bag I have used is the more porus one meant for leaves, although it will filter out some aspect of dust. I have used the fine bag and man did it do a bang up job of cleaning the surface and water clarity.

If you have the money, go for it. You will not be disappointed IMHO.

Default Re: Anyone familiar with this site for Dolphin?

I bought my Dolphin Dynamic from this website last spring, and had no problems dealing with them, or the cleaner itself; plus they offered free shipping.

Their home page clearly states they are in no way affiliated with Maytronics, but that they are an authorized, independent dealer.

I would order from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by cgc2
    I just checked the costco site and the Dynamic is at 999.99.
    Thats about 100.00 less that I paid for mine 1 month ago thru an Ebay site.

Get the Dynamic....dual motors, you will from time to time need to send the unit to a spot it missed, and the remote makes that a snap. The caddy is a big plus for moving it to and from the pool for service.
    I am very impressed with how it cleans. Due to rain almost every weekend lately, the bag I have used is the more porus one meant for leaves, although it will filter out some aspect of dust. I have used the fine bag and man did it do a bang up job of cleaning the surface and water clarity.

If you have the money, go for it. You will not be disappointed IMHO.
    I just bought my Dynamic through COSTCO also after doing a LOT of checking around both locally (Forget-about-it) and online... COSTCO's price includes shipping and with a new COSTCO MEMBERSHIP ($45) I didn't have to pay the 5% increase for non-members AND I can go to the local COSTCO too... Oh, and you can return the product to any COSTCO, versus having to return it by mail if there is a problem...THAT is a BIG deal if you ever need to do it...Hopefully I won't! =)

Scott

west1745 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst west1745 0

Quote Originally Posted by luvapool
    I found this site http://www.dolphinpoolcleaner.org/about_dolphin.htm
    Does anyone know if this is Maytronics own site? Anyone bought from there before? Prices are lowest I have found on internet.
    I just got one on ebay and love it - got it for much less.

+ Reply to Thread