+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green chewinggum like residue on sides of spa after using cleaning chemical

Default Green chewinggum like residue on sides of spa after using cleaning chemical

Following the use of SeaKlear System Flush I am left with a green and very sticky chewing gum like residue on sides of spa. This is very hard to remove and what little I have so far removed was done by using a paint scraper and then holding an acetone soaked rag against the remaining residue. Acetone is probably not the best choice for abs plastic but is the only thing I have found so far that will dissolve this residue. Even with that I still need a lot of elbow grease
    along with it. Any ideas as to what this residue might be? I am hoping it isn't grease from some bearings, but then grease is, well, greasy and slippery whereas this stuff is literally like extra sticky gum. Any suggestions as to how remove it without damage to the spa shell would be appreciated.

Anonymous [GDPR] European in the UK Guest

Default Re: Green chewinggum like residue on sides of spa after using cleaning chemical

I had something similar on a customers pool, the pool company (EX pool company) poured two 1 litre bottles of flocculent into the pool, I don't know what make but could have been seaklear. I had too strip and clean everything even the prefilter was solid with goo which I described as liquid chewing gum, emptied the large sand filter cleaned and changed the media, what a mess.

Default Re: Green chewinggum like residue on sides of spa after using cleaning chemical

Yuck
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Anonymous [GDPR] European in the UK Guest

Angry Re: Green chewinggum like residue on sides of spa after using cleaning chemical

That is similar to what I said

Tried to find an older thread to contact you, Teapot. Can you take a look at this thread? http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...870#post130870
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

+ Reply to Thread