+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Unexpected guests

Default Unexpected guests

We're enjoying a nice mild day here in the Denver Metro area and looking over what's been done for our new pool build. As we're looking around, this is what we saw. There were more than this one. Guess they've been hanging out under our back porch:

Default Re: Unexpected guests

Yow! What kind of snake is that???!!! He looks hungry!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Yow! What kind of snake is that???!!! He looks hungry!
    I believe it's a Bullsnake. Pretty small compared to one we saw when we moved in. Mommy? I counted at least 4 sunning themselves. Pretty warm day today.

Looks like a Garter Snake.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Looks like a Garter Snake.
    Honestly, I don't know. Looking at Google and comparing the two, they look the same to me. I guess Bull and Gopher are the same species, but not so sure about Garter. I don't care as long as there are no fangs and aren't venomous.

Good to hear from you, Jim! This build is exciting although the snakes.... not!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

The 3 stripes are typical of garter snakes. I took a quick look online at bull snakes and didn't see any with stripes. No matter, both are harmless.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Lol...I like snakes....use to keep snakes years ago.

I still visit this forum throughout the winter.

I don't think this will be the only time I post here. We've had, not only Bullsnakes, but other various types of snakes running through our yard. So far, nothing with fangs. Along with those, we've had Mule deer, 2 huge bucks in particular, some does, skunks, and bunnies galore. Used to pluck the bunnies from the window wells almost every month. Cute but annoying.

Hey, Jim. Btw, where in VA are you? Big VA fan here!

+ Reply to Thread