+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected guests

Default Re: Unexpected guests

Nice! We had one of those on our front door a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, it came to the same demise as the kids wouldn't step outside.

If we had those here I'd never stick my hand in the skimmer! Worst we get are wolf spiders.....with babies covering their backs.

Funny story....I was in the pool and saw a wolf spider walking on the water. I thought I'll smack it real hard to stunn it and throw it out. As soon as I did hundreds of babies scattered everywhere, including in me! Picture a 50+ year old man screaming like a little girl thrashing around in the pool!
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Yeah, I admit I let out out a little girly scream when I pulled up the skimmer. I once had one walk through my front door but luckily had a cardboard box nearby to trap it. I don't like squishing them because it makes a nasty mess. Plus, they're quite harmless, slow and stupid. There are more predators around here that eat them than they eat. Scorpions are much more of pain, literally and figuratively.
    16k gal IG gunite PebbleTec (Caribbean Blue), 18' x 36' free form with raised spa/spillway and separate rock waterfall. All Pentair Equipment pad - 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr heater, QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, IntelliTouch/EasyTouch Controls

Tarantulas, huge centipedes, scorpions.......sounds like a lovely place.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    If we had those here I'd never stick my hand in the skimmer! Worst we get are wolf spiders.....with babies covering their backs.

Funny story....I was in the pool and saw a wolf spider walking on the water. I thought I'll smack it real hard to stunn it and throw it out. As soon as I did hundreds of babies scattered everywhere, including in me! Picture a 50+ year old man screaming like a little girl thrashing around in the pool!
    LMAO...stop it....stop it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Tarantulas, huge centipedes, scorpions.......sounds like a lovely place.
    You forgot about the rattlesnakes, coyotes and Javelinas Though they are less likely to end up in your pool as long as you have a good wall and pool fencing.
    16k gal IG gunite PebbleTec (Caribbean Blue), 18' x 36' free form with raised spa/spillway and separate rock waterfall. All Pentair Equipment pad - 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr heater, QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, IntelliTouch/EasyTouch Controls

Yuck, guys! Now you've got me nervous about opening up my pool.....
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

I get big black snakes out by my pool. I'm not super comfortable with them but I don't kill 'em because they eat rodents and bugs. I'd rather have snakes than rodents and bugs.
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

Yikes, kel... Do they bite?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Yikes, kel... Do they bite?
    Around my parts, the big black snakes are the good ones - King snakes! They are constrictors and they prey on rattlesnakes and vermin or all kind. Had one around the yard a year or so back but he left and now I'm stuck with having to trap ground squirrels and "dispose" of rattlesnakes (technically you're not allowed to kill a rattlesnake) . Would love for another King snake to move in and help me out.

+ Reply to Thread