+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Feel free to email me at chickies 75 at hot mail dt cm (format as you normally would an email address. I intentially misspelled/misformated the address here to prevent spam bots from picking it up).
    Just sent you an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    Just sent you an email.
    Reply sent.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Are you putting a TV poolside?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Are you putting a TV poolside?
    The thought had crossed my mind...but the "CFO" did put her foot down on that one.

We're just putting speakers out there to have some music when we have gatherings. Or as we lounge in the back.

Nice. Our 4 speakers are hardwired to our "stereo" -showing my age here- but the 20's something kids that hang around a lot know how to sync their pandora account and stuff to the stereo/tv thing. How about that for technical?

We love having radio outside for sports and stuff. Hoping for hockey playoffs!!! 2 of the speakers are mounted off the house deck, and 2 are on the house aimed poolside. We also were gifted speakers that look like rocks to go into the gardens around the pool, but the hubby hasn't installed those yet.
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

I have 4 Bose 151's hidden in shrubs in my back yard. The yard sounds fantastic while floating or grilling.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

I've put my research on how to connect speakers "on the shelf" for the moment. Got a headache thinking about it. Decided to enjoy the day and look at the progress that's been made through the previous week. Retaining Wall and waterfall have been started, but we're redesigning the waterfall. Not real happy with the "diving board" look so the landscapers are revamping and removing the rocks that jut out over the pool. Too much of a temptation to climb on and jump. We didn't think it was a good idea with only a 6' deep end.

Looks great!!!! See what you mean about the diving board and I agree. Think they wanted a big splash!

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Looks great!!!! See what you mean about the diving board and I agree. Think they wanted a big splash!
    Yep. Too much of a liability though...and it looked like a big tongue sticking out at you too. I'll be happy with a smaller ledge with a trickle down effect. Actually, the landscapers agreed with us once we explained our point of view. They're going to tear down most of it, relocate the unused rocks around the yard, and start over. They're a "mom and pop" shop and are super easy to work with.
    Last edited by Toybuilder; 03-08-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Looking good!
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

+ Reply to Thread