+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Our Mountain Retreat

Hello All,

Well, this venture started about six months ago and now the real fun has finally started. The landscapers are in and have started demolishing the backyard getting the ground ready for the pool builder to come in next week to do his thing. Here is a picture of what it looked like before (most of the snow is now gone). Will keep the post going as progress is made.

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

What a beautiful location and view for your pool!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Demolition has been completed:

...and the builder has started his excavation and has marked out where the pool and spa will go:

Great pics!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    Great pics!
    Thank you, Former! I was trying to get pics from the same location each time, but it's proving to be pretty impossible. Our backyard is fairly large, and getting everything in is a pretty tall task. Next is the actual pool and spa dig. Hoping that will start on Monday or Tuesday according to the builder. Rebar "should" be in by this time next week. Keep you posted.

Looking forward to it! I am a bit surprised, though. Isn't it cold by you? I remember snowy fields.....

Looking forward to it! I am a bit surprised, though. Isn't it cold by you? I remember snowy fields.....
    Actually, it's been pretty warm. I'm originally from California so I like being in shorts. Lately, it's been warm enough to do that. Our snow melted very quickly. Fast enough for our landscaper and pool builder to get as much done as they did. But, we're looking at some more snow by the end of next week. I think, as long as it's not too bad, the builder will be able to plow ahead. His schedule has us ready for plaster by end of February...but will wait on that until April or May. Landscaping will take up the time from Feb to April.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    But, we're looking at some more snow by the end of next week. I think, as long as it's not too bad, the builder will be able to plow ahead.
    No pun intended?

No pun intended?
    No. I was so tired last night, I didn't even notice.

+ Reply to Thread