+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

We've had no progress this week other than laying the last bit of the tile on the sun bench. Weather has been horrible here. We're hoping for plaster on Monday, but the weather isn't looking promising. If it does happen, I'll post pics when it's complete.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Evening everyone,

Hope all have had a good Memorial Day. We’re finally filling, but only the pool. The PB wasn’t happy with the way the plaster turned out in the spa so they’ll be returning tomorrow to cut, re-plaster, and fill.

Equipment pad is ready to go, and all my concerns have been addressed.

Here’s what’s progressed today:

Final walkthrough is on Friday and we should be swimming! Finally!
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Woot! Looks great!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Woo hoo!

There's some ominous looking clouds in one pic....
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

swimdaddy is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher swimdaddy 0

In the pic where it looks like you are filling the pool, what is that garbage can looking thing on the deck? Looks like your water is going through it before it goes in the pool? Some kind of filter or pre-treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by swimdaddy View Post
    In the pic where it looks like you are filling the pool, what is that garbage can looking thing on the deck? Looks like your water is going through it before it goes in the pool? Some kind of filter or pre-treatment?
    The trash can is filled with sodium bicarbonate. I discussed this with the builder a while back. On our previous pool (back in Ca), our plaster didn't last very long, 3 years. It was rough and coming out in small chunks. Wasn't sure if it was because of the plaster used, the builders ineptness, or our lack of understanding. Either way, I didn't want to go thru that again. So, with a tip from an awesome member here, we found this procedure to help protect the plaster and limit the dust.

I came home today to see the builder here checking chems and starting the mechanicals. What I thought was very interesting, besides everything else he was doing , is that the test kit he had had contained no test strips in it. Made me feel even better about this company.

The spa has been fixed and is filled. The pool has some catching up to do as we slowed the fill as to not back fill the spa before they fixed it.

Hoping to have completely filled pool/spa pics tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    I came home today to see the builder here checking chems and starting the mechanicals. What I thought was very interesting, besides everything else he was doing , is that the test kit he had had contained no test strips in it. Made me feel even better about this company.

The spa has been fixed and is filled. The pool has some catching up to do as we slowed the fill as to not back fill the spa before they fixed it.

Hoping to have completely filled pool/spa pics tomorrow night.
    I'm glad to hear it's progressing nicely.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Well, we're all filled. But, I'm not posting pics, yet. The pool is brown. The builder ran the waterfall today which has been sitting for quite a few weeks, and a bunch of "stuff" came flowing out, spiders, grit, dirt, and some other bugs...along with a plant. He hand vac'd and scooped out a much as he could with the net, but it's still pretty cloudy.

So, he added a bit of clarifier and I'm hoping we'll be back to crystal clear in a day or two. It was crystal clear before the waterfall fiasco.

But, he said the chems are right on. I didn't get the numbers from him so I have to assume it's all good.

Hope to have pics soon.

Yikes!

Not a good way to start.

Shouldn't be too much of a setback though.

You order a test kit yet? Time to start practicing.

+ Reply to Thread