+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Mountain Retreat

Default Re: Our Mountain Retreat

I know the weather setback sucks, but you're getting closer to swim time!

Here's hoping you have much better weather soon.
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

It looks great, Toy, even with the snow! Whatcha cookin' on that sweet grill?
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Quote Originally Posted by FormerBromineUser View Post
    It looks great, Toy, even with the snow! Whatcha cookin' on that sweet grill?
    Thanks, Former. Unfortunately, the grill is out of commission. After the landscapers connected the fire pit, the grill got jealous or something and stopped working. Our Mothers Day celebration has been delayed. We're looking at Memorial Day weekend when I'm hoping the entire backyard is complete. it's all good, from what I understand, it's a simple fix and should be in good working order shortly.

As for the snow, here's what the backyard looks now:

I'm just sorry I spent the time shoveling this morning.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    I know the weather setback sucks, but you're getting closer to swim time!

Here's hoping you have much better weather soon.
    Thanks Jim. I just found out that May is our rainiest month of the year...I'm thinking they need to add it as one of the snowiest.
    36'x20' Freeform, IG - 13k gal, Spa - 800 gal, Diamond Brite, Intelliflo VS pump, TR-140C sand filter, Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 2HP Whisperflo pump (waterfall), Pool Pilot Digital RC-42 SWCG, K-2006 Test Kit

Bummer about the grill and your Mother's Day plans. You WILL get there! ...and we will be there too!!!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

Morning everyone,

Our landscaping is now finished except for the waterfall. That will have to wait for final adjustments and light placement once the pool has been filled.

Plastering is scheduled for tomorrow, but we may have an issue with ground water leaking into the pool. We’ve had so much rain (and snow) in the past couple of weeks, the ground is completely saturated. Looking at the weather forecast, it doesn’t look like the rain is going to let up much for the coming week either. More delays. Sigh.

But, we’ve been able to make use of the fire pit and will fire up the BBQ for the first time tonight to celebrate Mothers Day…a week late. Steaks courtesy of our landscapers who felt bad about delaying our celebration.

Here’s the latest:

Fingers crossed for plaster and fill this week. Still hoping to take a dip this coming long weekend.

Beautiful!
    22'x40' Grecian Lazy L 20K gal IG vinyl pool; Aqua Rite SWCG T15 cell; Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter; Hayward Superpump 1hp pump; 12 hrs; Taylor K-2006; city; PF:6

Quote Originally Posted by JimK View Post
    Beautiful!
    Thanks Jim. I'm doing my anit-rain dance at the moment. Want to send some of the nice weather you guys are having this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Toybuilder View Post
    Thanks Jim. I'm doing my anit-rain dance at the moment. Want to send some of the nice weather you guys are having this way?
    Consider it done.

Looks great, Toy! Sending good weather-thoughts your way! Enjoy the steaks!

+ Reply to Thread